Friday, January 16, 2009

Typing Like A Typewriter?



this goes back to my days when I was first learning html but if you would like your blog posts to look EXACTLY like how you type it (instead of using Blogger.com's formate) then what you want to do is add the prefix and the suffix PRE which stands for "preformatted" (I think). Like so:

I know that a lot of people really 

HATE the IRS!

But you have to come to realize that they

are a necessary evil.......

Just think of what would happen if you

owed taxes but didn't pay!

The IRS WILL come after you!

There are no free government grants yet

for not paying your taxes - yet!


I took a look at the above paragraph using the preview feature and it came out exactly as I typed it!



One thing that I did notice is that you have to be very careful when using the pre format because if your lines / sentences are running too long they will get cut off!

After publishing this blog post I noticed that the ends of my long sentences were running off the side of the blog so I had to edit them to make the sentences break on separate lines so that the whole sentence can be seen in its entirety!

So be careful about that if you want to use the pre format!


No comments: