Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Did You Know That The Government Can Garnish Your Adsense Earnings!



I found an online article talking about some people who have had their adsense earnings garnished by the government!

If you make over a certain amount (I think it's $400 for US residents) of adsense money then you have to report those earnings to the government as part of your income! If you don't then you may be subject to what other people have been going through as far as having their adsense earnings garnished by the government!

Personally I have to tell you that I do report my adsense income every year when I file my taxes.

Now after reading the article I'm glad that I do!

Here is a quote from the article:

"I personally never knew that the government goes to Google to withhold AdSense earnings from a publisher. But it happens.

Google Wage Garnishment - Online Article

No comments: